Manager of Fundraising and Communications
Full Time Permanent
Join Cornerstone as our next Manager of Fundraising & Communications and help stop gender-based violence.
We want to serve even more women and children in our community, and we need a Manager of Fundraising and Communications to help. If you’re seeking a role that blends marketing, fundraising, and community-building, and you want a deeply meaningful career that goes way beyond the paycheck, apply today.
At Cornerstone Family Violence Prevention Centre, we are on a mission to end gender-based violence. If you believe in the power of systemic change, and you’re inspired by community-based action, consider becoming our next Manager of Fundraising and Communications.
Location: 40 Swayne Street, Cobourg, Ontario
Cornerstone provides support for women and children impacted by violence.
We do this by uniting a broad base of stakeholders to advocate and advance programs for survivors of gender-based violence across our County.
Our values don’t live in an employee handbook or on a faded office poster—they live in our actions. Our values are embedded into every process we follow, email we send, and initiative we launch.
- Leadership: We are the voice of change to end gender-based violence in our community
- Innovation: We take a progressive and creative approach to problem-solving
- Integrity: We hold ourselves and stakeholders to high standards
- Inclusion: We welcome and respect differences
- Collaboration: We are stronger together
What you can expect from this role
You will join a caring team of forward-thinking professionals. We’ve worked hard to develop a culture where you’ll feel supported, uplifted, and inspired to act.
As a full-time employee, you’ll receive an attractive benefits package that includes:
- Vacation days
- Sick days/Wellness days
- Wellness opportunities
- Employer-paid health and dental coverage
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) contributions
Salary range: $65,261 - $82,384
Here’s what one of our recent hires had to say:
“Working at Cornerstone has been an incredibly rewarding experience for me. My time here has aided both my personal and professional development, and I know that I will take the skills that I have learned through Cornerstone with me for the rest of my life. It is a privilege to be doing such meaningful work alongside the ever-supportive and knowledgeable staff at Cornerstone. I am so grateful to be doing what I love within such a wonderful organization.”
What you will do
This role is 50% marketing/communications and 50% fundraising. You will report to the Executive Director. Responsibilities are grouped into five categories.
- Create and manage an annual marketing plan to elevate Cornerstone’s profile
- Write, design and post promotional material, website content, newsletters, media stories, blogs, press releases, and other communication assets
- Develop messaging pillars for new and recurring projects and an array of stakeholders
- Foster relationships with key media to grow our presence online and offline
- Manage and optimize Cornerstone’s social media platforms
- Present at public events about Cornerstone’s role and impact in the community
- Donor Relations and Fund Development
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Management Team to establish funding targets (financial and in-kind donations)
- Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan
- Execute donor stewardship activities
- Coordinate and liaise between third-party fundraising events
- Create and manage annual fundraising events and sponsorship opportunities
- Write funding and grant proposals
- Prepare and distribute direct mail appeals
- Monitor government initiatives for VAW programs and related services
- Create a shortlist of local, provincial, and national opportunities for resource development
- Human Resources
- Influence company culture by encouraging excellence among colleagues
- Support staff training programs in collaboration with the Management Team and Executive Director
- Supervise volunteers, interns, and sub-contractors as required
- Risk Management
- Ensure compliance with safety and regulatory procedures
- Alert the Executive Director of potential liabilities
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Ensure that employee performance and behaviour are compliant with the Ontario Health and Safety Act and other relevant legislation
What you need for this role
- Understanding of, and compassion for, those experiencing gender-based violence
- Be committed to anti-racist/anti-oppressive practice and understand intersectional feminism and be committed to working in a collaborative environment with many internal and external stakeholders
- A university degree or college diploma in a relevant field
- Minimum three years’ experience fundraising for a non-profit
- Experience in communications, marketing, branding, or public relations
- CFRE designation and/or certification/accreditation from the IABC or the CPRS is considered an asset
- A demonstrated understanding of ethical philanthropic principles
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Experience with Raisers Edge software, or a similar fundraising software
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a management team
- Ability to cultivate trust with donors and sponsors
- Experience motivating stakeholders toward a shared goal
- Ability to establish clarity across multiple tasks, projects, and resources
- Experience planning and managing budgets with clear financial goals
How to apply for this role
Think you might be a good fit for the Manager of Fundraising and Communications role? Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line- Manager of Fundraising and Communications.
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodations are available, upon request, to support applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. For more information or other opportunities, please visit our website: https://cornerstonenorthumberland.ca.
This is a continuous posting. Screening and selection processes are ongoing.