Role ; Trauma counsellor
Location ; Markham ,ON
Pay Range ; 50000-60000 annually
Posting URL ; https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/kss/Posting/View/730
The HOPE Program offers emergency housing and transitional housing support to female survivors of Human Trafficking. This voluntary program offers survivors a safe and therapeutic environment where they can work on trauma healing and building independent living skills. The program directly supports youth by providing mentoring, crisis counselling, case management services and life skills workshops in a respectful, peaceful and caring environment where they can get the support they need in order to achieve their goals.
Reporting to the Manager of HOPE Program and Manager of Support Programs, HOPE Trauma Counsellor will provide trauma counselling support to survivors of Human Trafficking involved with 360°kids. The HOPE Counsellor will provide trauma counselling in a non-threatening, supportive, client-centered format where access to assessment and supports/resources are made available both within the 360°kids environment and in the community. Trauma Counselling focuses on personal and social development, behavioural change, cultural demands, and transitioning to independent living. The HOPE Counsellor works collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to serve the needs of youth holistically, advocates for the rights and appropriate support for the youth, and provides any necessary case management support.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Conduct intake assessments based on referrals to the program and present findings to the program manager for consideration and admission.
- Provides immediate crisis intervention planning and therapeutic counselling to survivors of human trafficking and extends psycho-educational supports to help clients understand the impact of their trauma.
- Completes a trauma assessment report.
- Creates an individualized treatment plan for therapeutic services.
- Assist each client in resolving problems and issues and allowing them to develop their maximum potential. Monitors realign and records changes to a service plan to achieve desired outcomes.
- Maintains ongoing communication with clients, family members, and community partners as appropriate.
- Provides outreach support as necessary to facilitate community agency referrals.
- Work as an integral, collaborative, supportive member of small and more significant staff groupings to deliver holistic services.
- Facilitates a monthly support group.
- Provide clinical consultations and support to the members of the HOPE staff team in terms of assistance and advice on issues raised by youth while in the program.
- Assist in developing written working protocols with key community partners to ensure seamless service delivery to victims of human trafficking.
- Collaborates with other 360°kids staff members to support clients with a wrap-around approach.
- Attend clinical supervision/team, inter-agency, and staff meetings as required.
- Formulation of Treatment Plans, Case Note Documentation, and Reporting.
- Provides case management practices including conducting interviews, compilation of social histories, and assessment of strengths and needs of clients.
- Maintains ongoing supportive relationships with key stakeholders.
- With the Team Leader and Manager, creates, and implements approved strategies and plans that will result in the achievement of the program’s goals and objectives.
- Liaises with participants, parents, community partners, agencies, donors, coworkers, and volunteers. Develops positive relations with the communities being served by the program and with the general public.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in social work, psychology or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required working with at risk youth and/or street involved people.
- Clinical training and experience in individual and family assessment and treatment.
- Clinical Training and experience in individual and family Trauma assessment and treatment.
- Experience with MS Office, with the ability to prepare, and write reports and maintain same.
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) and ASSIST training.
- Current first aid/CPR certification.
- Current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check).
- Experience in assisting persons with psycho/social/physical, educational, emotional, and/or environmental problems in a variety of locations.
- Experience in the assessment and treatment of individual and family experiencing Trauma as a result of human trafficking.
- Excellent Trauma assessment skills with experience responding to situations based on available information.
- Possesses strong personal ethics and integrity, as well as, exceptional interpersonal skills, including influencing, consensus/team building, facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, management, leadership, motivation, delegation, coaching/mentoring, and empowerment.
- Sound judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving ability with the willingness to stand behind and take responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, community agencies and the public.
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with all levels of staff, the public, and clients while maintaining objectivity.
- Case management skills including record keeping, client service, building capacity through team approach.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member in a dynamic, complex environment and organize time and workload effectively.
- Independent self-starter, with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Current first aid/CPR certification, current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check), car and valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and $2 Million liability insurance.
Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of shifts including evening and weekend shifts.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD THEIR RESUME TO: Careers@360kids.ca