Women's Support Network
Crisis Supports Coordinator
WSN is the rape crisis/sexual assault centre in York Region. We are dedicated to providing free, confidential services for women who have experienced sexual violence and commercial sexual exploitation for the purpose of human trafficking.
Terms: Full-time Contract, 37.5 hours weekly, including occasional evenings and weekends;
Starting Immediately until March 31st, 2023 working onsite in WSN’s Newmarket Office
Salary: $35.00 per hour
Major Responsibilities include:
- Provide all services from an integrated feminist, anti-colonial, anti-racist and anti-oppression framework.
- Undertake a needs assessment with survivors to adapt or re-imagine the delivery of hybrid model programs and services at WSN.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of hybrid crisis support services implemented and/or adapted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic: online chat, virtual counselling groups, drop-in and crisis and support line.
- Develop outreach materials for distribution to identified groups through social media and presentations.
- Conduct outreach to diverse communities and agencies in York Region, to raise awareness about hybrid-model services at WSN.
- Recruit, screen and train volunteers, to support staff in the delivery of hybrid crisis support services.
- Maintain and update the volunteer training program content and related materials and handouts, including the volunteer crisis line resource manual and SMS/Chat training.
- Maintain online/SMS support schedule for volunteers and paid workers to ensure effective coverage.
- Respond to calls on WSN’s 24-hour crisis line and online chat SMS/text support during business hours.
- On a one-week rotational basis, perform the role of staff back-up for volunteers responding to calls on WSN’s 24-hour crisis line.
- Cofacilitate Volunteer Clinical meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years experience providing in-person and virtual counselling with women and youth who have experienced sexual violence and sexual exploitation for the purpose of human trafficking.
- A minimum of two years project management experience in a not-for-profit social service organization.
- Demonstrated experience engaged in community-based research with service users and reporting on findings obtained.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation (i.e. Child and Family Services Act) and Regional services for referral purposes.
- Demonstrated experience outreaching to diverse and marginalized service users, including those within rural and remote areas.
- Demonstrated experience outreaching to, recruiting, supervising, and training volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience outreaching to and collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in working with client and volunteer management software.
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to use Salesforce, Canva, Course Craft, Zoom, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and proficiency in Google Suite (including Gmail, Google docs, sheets, and Meet), Publisher, Photoshop or similar software.
- Social media marketing knowledge and website maintenance is an asset.
- A second language other than English and French is an asset; Bilingualism is an asset.
- A valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle is required for travel across York Region.
- Knowledge of the York Region community.
- Related post-secondary education.
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Shannon Seeraj at email@example.com
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. WSN is committed to a staff team that reflects the diversity within the community. We encourage Indigenous, Black, women of colour, immigrant women, differently abled, francophone, lesbian, bisexual and trans women to apply.