Halton Women's Place
Supervisor, Programs and Services Logistics
Job Title: Supervisor, Programs and Services Logistics - Contract to June, 2023
Program/Department: Residential & Community Services, Halton Women's Place
Reports to: Manager, Residential Services; 35 hours per week with a 24-hour on call rotation; some evening and weekend work may be required.
In accordance with our intersectional feminist, anti-racist and anti-oppressive framework, we are committed to the development of an organization that reflects the communities that we serve. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity to apply, particularly those from the BIPOC and/or 2SLGBTQ+ groups. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
Halton Women’s Place provides a safe haven, information and education to support women and children to live a life free from violence. We operate two emergency safe shelters, as well as community outreach and public education program. Our safe shelter facilities operate on a 24/7 basis. We are dedicated to ending violence against women and their children.
The Supervisor, Program and Services Logistics will work in collaboration with the Manager, Residential Services, Manager, Community Services and Client Services Supervisors to support the work of the residential shelter and community outreach programs, in accordance with MCCSS Violence Against Women Emergency Shelter Standards.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assisting in management and oversight of all unionized employee schedules including creating, updating, posting, informing, and reporting.
- Assist in providing orientation, on boarding and off boarding, training to staff, students, and volunteers in the Residential and Outreach programs in accordance with internal policies and procedures, the collective agreement, relevant legislation, and existing cross sector protocols.
- Complete Serious Occurrence Reports and Incident Reports in accordance with Ministry guidelines.
- Participate in on-call rotation providing consultation and support to staff on shift in a 24/7 setting. This can include submitting MCCSS Serious Occurrence reports as needed in a timely manner as required by MCCSS.
- In consultation with the Management team, develop, identify, coordinate, and communicate trainings, or any other events requiring staff attendance, including tracking, confirmation, HR reporting and follow up as required.
- Provide regular detail updates as requested, in addition at management meetings, and quarterly written reports.
- Support IPAC lead to support implementation of IPAC standards
- Support service delivery team
- Complete payroll requirements for Residential staff ensuring Human Resources receives all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
- Organizing, hosting and co-facilitating staff meetings.
- Compiling, organizing, facilitating, updating, posting, and communicating all information regarding Health & Safety, Public Health and any other related information and materials.
- Work in collaboration with the Manager, Community Services, and Manager, Residential Services, regarding job postings and interviewing of unionized staff members.
- Participation on various Internal Committees (i.e Health and Safety, Harm Reduction)
- Ensure adherence to all Policies and Procedures
- Assist with other duties as required, from time to time, aiding with the efficient operation of the organization
- BSW Preferred, minimum diploma in Social Service Work or related field or degree
- Minimum 2 years supervisory, management and/or leadership experience; 3 to 4 years preferred.
- Shelter experience preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of gender-based violence, child abuse, and barriers faced by women and their children.
- Knowledge and understanding of individuals experiencing mental health disorders, addiction, poverty, and homelessness
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of intersectional feminist anti-oppression/anti-racist model, risk assessment, advocacy oriented, person-centred, trauma-informed practice, and non-violent crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated skill in scheduling, on-boarding, team facilitation and tracking abilities
- Demonstrated skill in providing training and growth focused training
- Experience managing within a unionized environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident decision-maker and enthusiastic team player
- Committed to upholding the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Crisis intervention skill
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness skills
- Administrative and scheduling skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in crisis situations
- Ability to make confident decisions that align with sector and agency standards
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team
- Ability to meet deadlines regarding schedules, reports and documentation
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Two Step Tuberculosis Skin Test
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
We thank all applicants and will directly contact only those candidates selected for further
Please direct letters of application to:
Halton Women’s Place.
By E-mail: email@example.com