Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis (G-W WIC)
Manager of Resource Development & Communications
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
MANAGER OF RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS
Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis (G-W WIC) is a dynamic, community-based, not for profit, feminist organization providing services to women and their children who are or have experienced domestic violence, sexual violence and human trafficking in Guelph and Wellington County.
We are seeking a highly motivated Manager of Resource Development & Communications. This 40 hour per week, full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director, requires a self-starter, team player who will be responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all aspects of an annual strategic integrated fund development plan, consisting of fundraising, fund development, marketing and communications strategies, direct mail, third party events, foundation requests, special events, sponsorships, bequests and other fund development initiatives to build and sustain donor support for Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis.
Requisite Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- University degree in a related discipline or Community College accreditation in Fundraising and/or Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a not-for-profit or charitable organization with key responsibility for fundraising development.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising skills, with a track record of securing major gifts. Researches funding sources to support the organization’s goals and objectives, identifies new funders, educates/engages potential donors and tracks donor solicitations/relationships.
- Exceptional report and proposal writing, innovative presentation skills, development of public relations and promotional materials, newsletters and educational materials for the organization ensuring accurate and timely delivery of publications.
- Manages the organization’s website and other social media, ensuring up-to-date/accurate information relating to the organization, as well as ensures the website is effective for fund development initiatives.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, knowledge of databases, internet and e-mail fundamentals and a working knowledge of software programs including Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel, Mail Chimp, Micharity and Word Press. Graphic design experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with media relations and event planning.
- Financial budgeting experience an asset.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of and commitment to women’s issues and the dynamics of violence against women and children utilizing a feminist, anti-racist, anti-oppressive framework.
- General knowledge of rural and urban community resources.
- Flexibility of hours to meet the demands of the position.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle is essential.
Closing Date: Friday May 21, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Please send your resume including cover letter in confidence to:
Sly Castaldi, Executive Director
P. O. Box 1451, Guelph, ON N1H 6N9
If you require an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Hania’a Nahas at 519-836-1110 ext. 229.
Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis is committed to building a diverse organization that works from an anti-racism, anti-oppression framework and in keeping with this principle, we encourage Indigenous women, immigrant women, women of colour, women with disabilities, lesbians and trans* people to apply.
*Trans people are people who identify as trans, non-binary, gender fluid and gender non-conforming.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or other enquiries please.