The Women's Centre Grey Bruce-
Anti-Human Trafficking Youth Worker
Position Title: Anti-Human Trafficking Youth Worker
Position Type: ON CALL
The Women’s Centre Grey Bruce Inc. is a non-profit charitable organization. We provide secure
emergency shelter services, crisis intervention, safety planning, counselling and transition
services for Youth at risk of being trafficked or who are being trafficked in Grey and Bruce
The Women's Centre Grey Bruce Inc. invites applications to fill an Anti-Human Trafficking Youth Worker
The AHT Youth worker reports to the Program Manager and will provide Anti Human Trafficking crisis and
residential support to victims and survivors. The AHT Worker will deliver services in a manner consistent
with the goals and objectives of the program and the policies and procedures of The Women's Centre
Grey Bruce Inc.
COUNSELLING AND COMMUNICATION
Provides counselling support to youth, based on a thorough understanding of The Women's Centre
philosophy and procedures to include as directed:
- Responds to and provides telephone/text and onsite crisis assessments, de-escalation,
interventions and support to youth involved in/ survivors of human trafficking.
- Co-ordinates admission to The Women’s Centre new Stabilization and Intervention AHT Program.
- Work collaboratively with and provide supportive counselling to clients using the trafficking stages
of change model.
- Acknowledges clients movement through these three stages of recovery: Stabilization, Recovery
- Assists in the development and implementation of clients Service Plans around areas such as:
Medical needs, therapeutic needs, educational needs, financial needs, housing needs, and
provide referrals as needed.
- Provides wrap-around support for the client including individualized mental health support, safety
planning, harm reduction, complex special needs, and family/caregiver education and support.
- Takes a client centred and collaborative approach when communicating with clients.
- Supports clients using trauma informed, harm reduction, and intersectional social approaches.
- Initiates contact with clients and ensure needs are met promptly.
- Orients clients to house rules and procedures.
Documents accurately all relevant activities of clients pertaining to their stay at The Women's
Centre, using Shelter logging procedures.
- Documents all crisis telephone and day client contacts.
- Organizes all written work in a clear and concise manner.
- Documents each client interaction, and completes required paperwork.
- Prepares intakes and discharges, safety planning, risk assessment documentation clearly
and accurately for all youth who access services.
- Accurately document clients’ goals and provide advocacy with external agencies.
- Accurately enter all statistics in agency database; understand and use available options.
- Complete daily checklist of activities as per shift.
- Tracks bus tickets issued and other transportation provided.
- Administers petty cash, etc. as defined by procedures.
COMMON RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL STAFF OF THE WOMEN’S CENTRE GREY BRUCE:
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all stakeholders
- Attend staff meetings, and staff training as required.
- Work effectively with other members of staff, volunteers and community agencies.
- Provide and accept constructive feedback on work-related issues.
- Adhere to anti-racism, anti-oppression, and feminist practices.
- Participates in the evaluation of services, as required.
- Deal effectively with job-related stress including assessing personal need for time off and/or
- Perform other activities as authorized and/or requested by the Program Manager.
- Attends regular staff supervision with Program Manager
Provides support services for youth in residence which will ensure their comfort and safety, based
upon a thorough knowledge of Women's Centre procedures:
- Answers the door and telephone as per shelter procedures.
- Ensures the facility is clean, orderly, and in good repair at all times
- Communicates any problems with the physical plant immediately to the Program Manager.
- Implements alert, fire, safety, and health procedures when necessary.
- Handles donations as per procedure.
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Holds a university degree or college diploma in Youth Services or a related field that provides mental
health services to youth.
- Possesses minimum of 2 years’ experience working with youth involved in human trafficking;
including supporting individuals affected by a variety of crises including loss, violence, abuse,
crime and traumatic events.
- Must have knowledge of relevant legislation and government policies (including the Child, Youth
and Family Services Act.)
- Must have a valid Standard First Aid/ CPR ‘C’ certification from a recognised provider.
- Must have a clean and valid Vulnerable Sector Screen Report.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable transportation.
SKILLS, APTITUDES AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses experience in anti-human trafficking specific supportive counselling.
- Has experience working with youth involved in human trafficking including supporting individuals
affected by a variety of crises including loss, violence, abuse, crime and traumatic events.
- Demonstrates ability to manage and support a 24/7 crisis phone line and service required. Possess
skills and experience in crisis assessment, intervention strategies, and crisis support.
- Demonstrates cultural competence for diverse populations including Indigenous Communities.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Has the ability to manage conflict and crisis situations.
- Has the ability to communicate professionally with community agencies.
- Having a certificate in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is an asset.
- Having a certificate in Crisis intervention and prevention training is an asset.
- Must be available to work flexible hours - week days and weekends.
Rate of pay $ 23.00 per hour.
Hours for this position are scheduled by the Management.
Persons interested in applying for this position may do so in writing by sending your cover letter and
resume via email to Paula Carnakie: email@example.com ASAP.