Posted on Nov 20, 2020
Internal/External Job Posting
Public Education and Community Collaboration Coordinator
1 Full Time Permanent Position
Interim Place is a dynamic anti-violence organization providing shelter, counselling and advocacy supports for
all women and two spirit, genderqueer, trans and non-binary people and their children are experiencing
violence in the Region of Peel and beyond. Interim Place offers a positive work environment for its employees
and service excellence to its clients. Interim Place works within a feminist, anti-oppressive, anti-racist, queer
and trans positive, disability positive, harm reduction framework.
We seek 1 full-time Public Education and Community Collaboration Coordinator. We are looking for a creative
leader with a strong background in gender- based violence work. They will have an interest in developing staff
teams using innovate strategies and engaging the community to eliminating gender-based violence in Peel
Region. This position functions as a member of the Interim Place Leadership Team and plays an important role
within the organization as well as plays a key role as the contact for the Violence Against Women Community
Coordinating Committee (VAW3c’s) and it's member organizations advocating for a coordinated and effective
response to violence against women in Peel region. Key areas of responsibility will be: Leadership, Project
evaluation, Administration, Community Development, Collaboration, Coordination, Education and Advocacy.
The Public Education and Community Collaboration Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of Interim
• University or college education in a related field, such as Aboriginal Studies, Gender and Women’s
Studies, Sociology, Social Justice, Assault Women’s and Children’s Program or the equivalent in
education and extensive experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to women’s and children’s issues and working within a Critical Race
Feminist, Anti-Black Racism and Anti-Colonialism framework.
• Commitment to and in-depth knowledge of Social Justice, Anti-Oppression, Anti-Racism Framework.
• In depth understanding of gender-based violence against women, oppression and homelessness.
• In depth understanding of sexual violence
• An understanding of the systemic barriers that women are forced to navigate due to their experiences
of violence, classism, racism, homophobia, transphobia etc.
• Experience supervising staff teams in a unionized environment is an asset.
• Ability to mobilize and sustain a positive team environment.
• Experience in Community Development and Public Speaking.
• Organization and time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• 2nd language is an asset.
• ASL is an asset.
• G Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required.
• Preference will be given to Indigenous Women.
Interim Place is committed to the development of an organization that reflects the communities it serves.
We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to
• First Nations, Métis, or Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples;
• Members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion, and/or
spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
• Persons of marginalized sexual orientations;
• Persons with visible and/or invisible disabilities;
• Survivors of the psychiatric system/consumer survivors;
• Two-Spirit, genderqueer, trans and non-binary people.
The hours of work for this position varies, as needed (this may include evenings), including on call coverage.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectation to email@example.com by
December 15th 2020.
We thank all applicants and respectfully advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be