Kingston Interval House
Shelter Services Manager
Kingston Interval House, a feminist organization, provides emergency shelter, Second Stage Housing, and community counselling services to abused women and their children. K.I.H. is seeking female applicants for the following position:
Shelter Services Manager – Permanent Full-time
The Shelter Services Manager is responsible to the Executive Director to manage the operations of the 24/7 Residential Shelter Services for Kingston Interval House (KIH). The Shelter Services department includes but are not limited to (i) women’s services, (ii) child and youth services and (iii) life skills program.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post Secondary Education in social services/women's issues, or equivalent through combination of relevant education and related experience
- Knowledge of, familiarity with and experience working in the area of violence against women and children preferably in a managerial leadership capacity
- Demonstrated commitment to women's issues and the anti-violence movement
- Knowledge of, familiarity with and experience managing a 24/7 women’s residential program.
- Understanding of and commitment to working within an intersectional feminist, anti-racism, anti-oppression framework understanding the social, economic and political context of woman abuse
- Proven program management, staff supervision and administrative/organizational skills
- Knowledge of and experience with labour and employee relations
- Experience managing within a unionized environment
- Ability to promote teamwork and strength in a staff group
- Strong leadership and crisis management skills
- Ability to forecast service plan and monitor spending
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical program evaluation and problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to represent and promote program areas in a manner consistent with the philosophies of KIH
- Knowledge of community services
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Property management experience
- Working knowledge of French
Salary range, benefits package and a detailed job description are available on request
Forward resume and cover letter, marked private & confidential, to the attention of:
Pam Havery, Executive Director Kingston Interval House
P.O. Box #21042 Kingston, ON K7L 5P5
Posting closes at 12:00 pm Oct. 8th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Female only, relying on provisions of Section 23 of the Human Rights Act in setting the restriction. Kingston Interval House encourages and supports diversity in the workplace.