Posted on Jun 30, 2020
Internal and External Job Posting
Front Desk Support Worker (Evening)
JOB ID: DAVS0322
YWCA Toronto transforms lives. As the city’s largest multi-service women’s organization, we help
women escape violence, move out of poverty and access safe, affordable housing.
We work tenaciously to break down barriers that hold women back from achieving equality.
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Work Hours: 35 hours per week (includes weekend work)
Salary: $47,878 annually (L5), plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 1684 Queen Street East, Toronto, Ontario, M4L 1G6
Internal Application Deadline: Thursday, July 9, 2020
External Application Deadline: Monday, July 13, 2020
JOIN OUR TEAM
The Front Desk Support Worker is responsible for welcoming and providing supportive reception service and works within a collaborative team to create a meaningful and relevant environment for participants and guests within a feminist framework that include a skilled response to and knowledge of the dynamics and effects of trauma, mental health and oppression. The position is also responsible for completing administrative duties necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the front desk.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO – YWCA DAVENPORT
YWCA Davenport provides up to 80 emergency shelter beds to young women (16 – 24 years of age) and adult women (25 and older) and is staffed 24 hours a day. This pet friendly shelter is funded by the City of Toronto and adheres to Toronto Shelter Standards.
• Answers telephone and in person inquiries and directs calls to the appropriate staff or program;
• Maintains building entry, ensuring access to authorized persons only;
• Handles client complaints and issues with tact and diplomacy, de-escalating the potential for
• Applies knowledge of the issue of trauma and the dynamics of woman abuse to respond
effectively to tenant requests for support;
• Assists in providing orientation to new residents to ensure familiarity and understanding of
programs, staff and community environment;
• Demonstrates and maintains knowledge of relevant community services related to resident
• Inputs medical appointments and cancellations for shelter residents into ICHA website;
• Monitors activities in and around the building via video surveillance;
• Ensures guests and delivery people entering and leaving the building sign in and out;
• Monitors issues of unauthorized parking (redirecting issues to housing workers or security staff
on site to address immediately);
• Collaborates with shelter staff to implement safety plans and provides crisis intervention as
• Reports all disturbances, vandalism or other emergencies to the supervisor, filling out an
incident report as required;
• Liaises with property services staff to address property service issues in need of immediate
• Responds to emergency situations in accordance with YWCA emergency procedures protocols.
• Completion of an undergraduate university degree in a relevant field (e.g. Social Work) (Cases
for Equivalency will be considered);
• 1-3 years directly related work experience in shelter environment;
• Excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and administrative abilities;
• Knowledge of security operating systems and working in a residential setting an asset;
• Ability to deliver culturally sensitive service in a multicultural environment;
• Demonstrates knowledge of and experience working with women living with experiences of
precarious housing, poverty, violence/trauma, and mental health/concurrent addictions issues;
• Knowledge and experience working from an anti-oppression framework and trauma informed
• Knowledge of harm reduction framework;
• Toronto Hostel Training Centre’s certificate and Completion of WHMIS training an asset;
• Knowledge and experience in de-escalating conflict and in responding to crisis situations;
• Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures within the work area and respond properly
to emergency or safety situations.
The Ontario Government recently announced “temporary pandemic payments” for essential services
frontline workers. The details of the implementation for the temporary pandemic payments have not
yet been announced. This position may be eligible for the temporary pandemic payment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to: Cynthia Peacock, Interim Manager of YWCA
Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote JOB ID number DAV0322 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior
to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This
position is within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is secondable.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario
Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women of all races, ethnic origins, religions,
abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to
applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While
we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting Date: June 30, 2020