YWCA Toronto transforms lives. As the city’s largest multi-service women’s organization, we help women
escape violence, move out of poverty and access safe, affordable housing.
We work tenaciously to break down barriers that hold women back from achieving equality.
Internal and External Job Posting
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
YWCA Bergamot Early Learning Centre (ELC)
JOB ID: BERG0245
Employment Type: Part-Time, Permanent
Work Hours: 28 hours per week
Salary: $44,874 annually (Level 4), prorated to $35,899 annually plus
Location: 66 Bergamot Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M9W 1V9
Internal Deadline: Monday, September 16, 2019
External Deadline: Tuesday, September 17, 2019
JOIN OUR TEAM
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the clerical and administrative support for the YWCA Bergamot Early Learning Centre. The Administrative Assistant will work as part of the team, contributing to quality service delivery and achievement o f program goals in accordance with the Mission and Policies of YWCA Toronto.
ABOUT YWCA BERGAMOT EARLY LEARNING CENTRE
YWCA Bergamot is a 68 unit apartment building with an Early Learning Centre in North Etobicoke for single women and women-led families in need of permanent, affordable, supportive housing. The Bergamot ELC is a centre of excellence for early childhood development and licensed for 62 children ages 0 to 4. YWCA Bergamot demonstrates YWCA Toronto’s commitment to creating quality, affordable housing in which women and their children realize their dreams and move forward in their lives.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of YWCA Toronto, Child Care and Early Years Act and the City of Toronto;
- Acts as a telephone customer service representative for YWCA Bergamot ELC to promote the program, give information to parents and prospective parents about eligibility, waiting list and other program details;
- Provides administrative support to the Manager, clerical duties, sorts mail, maintains the filing system, notices to parents and prioritizes urgent matters requiring attention word processing;
- Performs Maintains attendance lists and other program materials required for daily tracking of the children’s attendance, ratio etc;
- Processes applications for ELC Waitlists and prepares packages for registrations in conjunction with the Manager;
- Tabulates enrollment statistics and prepares computerized monthly summaries and required reports for funders, in conjunction with the Manager;
- Assists the Manager with Annual Report statistics, occupancy and building cost/statistics;
- Acts as an IT liaison for the program and trouble shoots issues in conjunction with IT staff;
- Reviews and submits Relief time sheets to the manager and maintains relief hours of work spread sheet and anniversary dates;
- Administers key fob deposits and reconciles with clients and finance department;
- Processes fees for service users in the ELC and maintains spreadsheet of account balances for ELC parents;
- Prepares monthly billing for Children’s Services;
- Prepares and takes bank deposits, forwards information to the Finance and IT Department
- Reconciles bank deposits with the monthly printout;
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly revisions to annual budget projections (including food budget);
- Tracks financial information / stats for annual budget submissions;
- Assists in the preparation of financial and narrative reports for funders;
- Coordinates program and office equipment maintenance, repairs, inventory and purchasing with approval from the Manager;
- May be required to provide coverage during emergency situations or staff shortages.
Knowledge of advanced clerical skills and office administration normally acquired through the completion of a community college diploma in office management, advanced secretarial, and/or business management (Case for Equivalency will be considered);
- Three to five years related experience;
- Advanced computer skills and advanced knowledge of Excel and Word for the Microsoft Office program;
- Knowledge of and ability to trouble shoot computer hardware network connections;
- Superior customer service, verbal and written communication skills;
- Very strong organizational skills and detail-oriented;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in basic accounting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of a second language an asset;
- Experience working within a multicultural environment;
- Ability to maintain a positive approach and a professional manner at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Karen Hipson, Manager of Bergamot Early Learning Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: (416) 748-7110
Please quote JOB ID number BERG0245 and your name in the subject line
Please note: A Vulnerable Sector Search, Standard First Aid Level C and an up to date Health
Assessment is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace.
Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is within the Bargaining Unit.
Please indicate on your cover letter if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to
applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Posting Date: September 6, 2019