Posted on Sep 11, 2019
YWCA Peterborough Haliburton is actively recruiting for an Executive Director to lead their team in Peterborough, ON. The YWCA Peterborough Haliburton is a community-based not-for-profit organization that is here to support every woman’s right to live free from violence, free from poverty, and free from oppression, through our continuum of free, confidential, woman-centred services. With multiple locations in the region, the YWCA supports a population of over 150,000 in the Counties of Peterborough Haliburton. For 128 years, YWCA Peterborough Haliburton has been a leader for local women, providing emergency shelter, crisis support, transitional housing, education and practical supports such as community-based food programs. We help women equip themselves with the tools they need to successfully rebuild
their lives and work to prevent violence by educating youth and by advocating for change, both locally and as a member of YWCA Canada, the oldest and largest women’s social service organization in the nation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be pivotal in the execution of the Board’s strategic plan and policies as they relate to planning, organization, coordination, and management of all programs and services. As the face of the YWCA, the Executive Director will be a passionate, system-wide thinker who builds productive relationships with funders, donors, the broader community, and partners within the community. Working with others as a leader and as a partner, the Executive Director will continue to encourage engagement of a staff of 85 (full-time and part-time) and 100 volunteers who provide a full range of programs and services for women and children in the Peterborough and Haliburton communities. This inspirational leader will drive positive outcomes for our clients in a professional work culture that radiates compassion and the highest standards of care.
Executive Director Position Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in Business or Social Services or related field, or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 5 years management and senior management experience in the Not-for-profit sector
• Demonstrated current knowledge of women’s issues, anti-oppression and violence against women and children (in both urban and rural areas), trends and best practices in
programs and services and the evolving role of theYWCA
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable legislation and regulationsincluding funding and social service practice and policy issues
• An exceptional understanding of YWCA values, traditions, and the diverse communities in the Peterborough and Haliburton counties
• Exceptional knowledge of effective strategic planning, research, policy processes and evaluation techniques
• Demonstrated experience developing and managing a budget of over $5M
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Fundraising in the not-for-profit sector
• Proven public relations track record;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a Board of Directors
• Exemplifies integrity, trustworthiness, humility, transparency and compassion
• Superior written, oral communication and interpersonal skills providing highly articulate, constructive, meaningful and timely interaction at all levels with the ability to make
complex issues understandable
• Demonstrated ability to foster a healthy team-based, productive workplace through excellent knowledge and application of HR practices and a participative management
Peterborough’s a Great Move:
The Greater Peterborough Area is a unique community known for its exceptional
quality of life and beautiful setting in the Kawartha Lakes tourism region. Peterborough has everything - a multitude of recreational opportunities, a diverse industrial, commercial and agricultural base, quality health care and excellent schools - including two post-secondary institutions.
Peterborough is just 90 minutes from the Greater Toronto Area. Real estate is affordable, the air is clean and communities are safe. With a population of approximately 135,000 (which increases substantially in the summer cottage season) the Greater Peterborough Area is the regional centre for East Central Ontario and draws from a market population of 350,000.
Interested individuals should forward their cover letter and curriculum vitae or
inquiries to: Lisa Ruston, Recruitment Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTING CLOSES: OCTOBER 9, 2019 at 4pm.