Kingston Interval House, a feminist organization, provides emergency shelter,
Second Stage Housing, and community counselling services to abused women
and their children, and youth. K.I.H. is seeking female applicants for the
Fund Development Manager
The Fund Development Manager is responsible to the Executive Director to
manage, develop and grow the fundraising program with innovative ideas and
creative additions. Will work as a leadership team member to raise awareness
of Kingston Interval House’s efforts to support women and their children, and
youth fleeing violence. Will work to maximize opportunities for fundraising and
deepen donor engagement and investment. In addition to building and
stewarding philanthropic relationships, will manage a team of fundraising
volunteers and provide oversight for all fundraising initiatives and campaigns
related to Kingston Interval House (KIH). Full time position, one year contract, with the possibility of an extension.
Starting date, as soon as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Related post-secondary degree and/or equivalent combination of other
education and work experience; at least 5 years related experience as a
- Experience working in a social service/social justice organization and a
commitment to women's issues and the anti-violence movement.
- Understanding of and commitment to working within an intersectional
feminist, anti-racism, anti-oppression framework understanding the
social, economic and political context of woman abuse.
- Versatile fundraising generalist, with a track record of securing major or
leadership gifts, managing and/or overseeing annual appeals, events,
stewardship, grant writing and communications.
- Demonstrated success in securing sponsorship at the $20k level and up.
- History of bringing creativity and best practices to an organization that is
aiming for growth and can motivate and inspire both staff and volunteers
to achieve great things.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to provide information
concisely and effectively to any audience or supporter.
- Effective written communication skills and experience writing in a range
of formats, from online communications, grants, sponsorship proposals,
direct mail and appeal letters.
- Ability to work with deadlines and other conflicting priorities
simultaneously with the ability to prioritize
- Experience in community engagement and knowledge of using
technology and social media (including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube)
to reach target audiences.
- Sound computer skills, including word processing and database
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of DonorSnap, Raiser’s Edge and
email distribution systems (such as MailChimp, Constant Contact),
HMTL, Wordpress and CSS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, InDesign and desktop
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- CFRE designation is an asset.
- The ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset.
Kingston Interval House offers a competitive benefits package.
A detailed job description is available on request.
Forward resume and cover letter, marked private & confidential, to the
Pam Havery, Executive Director
Kingston Interval House
P.O. Box #21042
Kingston, ON K7L 5P5
Posting closes at 12:00 pm Sept. 25, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants
selected for an interview will be contacted. Female only, relying on provisions of Section 23 of the Human Rights Act in setting the restriction. Kingston Interval House encourages and supports diversity in the workplace.