Posted on Jul 12, 2019
Interim Place Job Posting
Repair and Maintenance Worker
Purchase of Service Contract Position
Our Mission is to provide shelter, support, counselling and advocacy to help abused women and their children to break the cycle of violence. Interim Place provides services in a manner than honours the diversity of women and theirchildren. We are committed to a philosophy of feminism, anti-racism and anti-oppression. Interim Place operates twoemergency shelters for women and children who are leaving abuse. We also operate a Community Support and Outreach Program (CSO) for women in the community who have experienced violence. Interim Place is a community-based feminist women’s organization committed to social justice and anti-oppression.
Interim Place is currently looking for a professional and responsible individual to fill the role of Repair and Maintenance Coordinator. This individual will have the full responsibility of ensuring the efficient operation of the shelters in the following areas: cleaning, supply co-ordination, preventative and minor maintenance. The position requires working between two program locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain the physical structure, the operating systems, and the grounds of both the North and South Locations.
• Periodic inspections of the structure, systems and grounds surrounding the properties, both locations.
• Maintain inventory list and service logs of all agency equipment.
• Planned inspections of the systems and buildings to ensure equipment and building structure is secured and operational in accordance with The Annual Inspection Calendar.
• Coordination of the volunteers for work projects within the scope of the Repair and Maintenance Worker, such as gardening planting, etc.
• Periodic reporting of building status, expenses, purchase cost regarding building maintenance as well as security.
• Oversee pest control for both the interior and exterior of the buildings, garbage collection areas, etc.
• Create and maintain a log of expenses for all activities related to repair and maintenance.
• Maintain property safety, security and cleanliness.
• Provide service response as requested.
• Capital purchases of maintenance and equipment and work approved by the Executive Director or her designate.
• Ensure general tidiness of the grounds and buildings. Working with Contractors
• Selection of trade labour and service technicians based on expertise and cost effectiveness.
• Maintain Supplier's and Contractor's list.
• Oversee all building and property maintenance requirements when completed by third party contractors.
• Provide quotes for projects to substantiate costing for Infrastructure Survey submission.
• Inform Program Supervisors of scheduled contractor's visits.
• Must always be present when a schedule contactor is on site.
• Must verify all work done by contractors to ensure it has met the organization expectation.
• Oversee fire security and suppression systems maintenance including annual fire inspections.
• Maintain fire security and suppression systems maintenance and annual fire inspection reports.
• Follow up and alertness to all alarms following agreed on protocol.
• Comply with all duties outlined in the Fire Safety Plan.
• Keep abreast of Legislative changes to Fire Safety and advise employer accordingly.
• Comply with all duties outlined in the Repair and Maintenance Worker Contract.
• Hands on jobs performed by the Repair and Maintenance Worker.
• Maintain and log of time and expense of all activities related to work completed at both locations.
• Change light bulbs and ballasts as needed.
• Keep snow, litter salts cleared from all doorway as needed.
• Keep door locks and entry systems in working order.
• Keep toilets, faucets and drains inspected and maintained.
• Arrange garbage pick-up and maintain waste collection areas.
• Arrange plowing and snow removal as needed.
• Maintain lawn care through qualified personnel.
• Provide electrical and HVAC maintenance by qualified personnel.
• Arrange for plumbing maintenance as required by qualified personnel.
• Arrange and oversee regular cleaning by bonded personnel.
• Arrange for roofing inspection and repair as needed.
• Repair glass windows and doors by qualified personnel as needed.
• Keep gutter and downspouts free from debris and free flowing.
• Maintain proper drainage around building and perimeter.
• Maintain parking areas, line painting, curb and tarmac.
• Maintain lawn irrigation system.
• Provide service response as requested.
• Maintain sprinkler systems, extinguisher and alarm systems.
• Contract annual fire inspections and maintenance of fire suppression equipment.
• Quick response to all service requests.
• Coordinate the removal and installation of furniture including setup and assemblies as required.
• Provide handyperson services within the context of safety and security.
• Minimum of 3 years related experience in skilled trades and/or building maintenance.
• Knowledge and experience in compliance with related building codes and legislation.
• Ability to perform a wide range of maintenance skills such as carpentry, plumbing, mechanics, janitorial,
electrical, use of manual and mechanical tools.
• Good communication skills.
• Enhanced negotiation abilities.
• Proven ability to work within timelines.
• Knowledge of women’s issues and anti-racism/anti-oppression framework.
• Available for occasional evening and weekend work.
• Access to a reliable vehicle and current driver’s license (travel between locations is required).
Hours: 20 hours per week occasional weekend and evening work.
The working schedule is a minimum of three (3) days per week, which must be allocated between the North and South
Locations. The scheduled days will be mutually assigned.
Interim Place is committed to the development of an organization that reflects the community and women it serves.
Applications from Aboriginal Women, World Majority Women/Women of Colour, Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans and Queer Women, Consumer Survivors and Women with Disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Please send by July 23, 2019 a cover letter and current resume through Charity Village or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date of Posting: July 10, 2019
Deadline: July 23, 2019