Employment Type: Full-Time Work Hours: 35 hours per week Salary: $83,075 to $97,468 annually, plus comprehensive benefits
Location: Head Office, Downtown Toronto
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 24, 2019
We are seeking a dynamic social activist who is passionate about influencing public policy to build on the YWCA’s historic program of raising systemic advocacy issues facing women and girls. The ideal candidate will also have experience in communications, marketing and public relations and will develop and implement strategies to increase awareness of YWCA Toronto’s mission, programs and brand. YWCA Toronto is dedicated to improving the lives of women and girls. We help women and girls flee violence, secure housing, find jobs, establish their voices, enhance skills and develop confidence. We offer a range of housing options, employment and training programs, community support programs, girls' programs and family programs; we also engage in systemic advocacy.
- Works in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer in the development of advocacy priorities in keeping with the Association’s Mission, strategic plan, and the program expertise of the Association.
- Plans and implements an advocacy strategy including issue specific campaigns, government relations, social media, and coalition work to promote increased equity for women and girls.
- Develops and recommends communication and marketing policies and procedures to ensure brand consistency, effective social media practices and risk management.
- Ensures the development of strategic, comprehensive and cost-effective public relations and marketing plans to increase the Association’s profile and to support programs, fundraising events and revenue generating activities of the Association in co-ordination with the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Philanthropy, and relevant program Directors and Managers.
- As part of the Senior Management team, this position contributes to the development and achievements of the Association consistent with our mission statement and strategic plan.
- Masters degree in social policy, women’s studies, journalism, communications, marketing or other relevant discipline with over ten years directly related experience including experience at a senior management level. (Cases for equivalency will be considered).
- Exceptional knowledge of advocacy, communications, marketing, and public relations as well as demonstrated experience working as a policy advocate on issues relevant to women and girls is required.
- Proven success in the non-profit sector with strong knowledge of the public and private sectors.
- Previous experience in a feminist social service environment an asset.
- Ability to work within an anti-oppressive and trauma-informed framework.
- Advanced experience in managerial, leadership and organizational skills.
- Advanced ability to research and analyse complex concepts and plan strategically.
- Knowledge of another culture and /or a second language would be an asset.
- Fluency is required in a variety of relevant computer software programs.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills are essential
Please submit a hard copy of your cover letter and résumé by Wednesday, July 24, 2019 to: Heather McGregor, Chief Executive Officer, 87 Elm Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 0A8.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189.
This position is not within the Bargaining Unit. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable. YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace Posting Date: June 21, 2019