Haldimand & Norfolk Women's Services is dedicated to a non-oppressive social, political and economic environment for women, their children and their communities.
Our organization is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Front Line Relief Counsellor.
As a member of the Residential Team you will provide on call shift coverage for our 24-hour residential program.
- Perform crisis intervention by telephone, in shelter and other appropriate settings to women and their children whose lives have been affected by abuse
- Provide counselling, support and advocacy to residential clients
- Facilitate admission to the shelter per shelter mandate
- Provide support information and resources which will assist women to assess their options and take appropriate action
- Assure the functioning of residence in accordance with safety, security, fire and operational procedures
- Facilitate resident's adjustment to communal living by providing information and support, supervise household activities and assist in creating a calm, comfortable environment
- Participate in regular supervision and program specific meetings
- Maintain documentation and statistical records as required
- Become familiar with and effectively document all client information in the WISH database
- Post-Secondary Education in Social Work, Social Sciences or related field
- Counselling and crisis intervention skills
- Ability to effectively handle crisis situations both in person and by telephone
- Knowledge of and/or experience with community social services, medical and justice systems and other relevant services
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- A strong ability to keep sensitive materials confidential
- Ability to work in a woman-centred organization which bases its services on a feminist analysis of woman abuse
- A current CPIC
- Valid Ontario Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Casual, Relief Position
- Available for day, afternoon or night shift including weekends and statutory holidays
Closing Date: Friday, March 22, 2019
Please send your resume including cover letter in confidence to
Kelly Salazar, Residential Manager
PO Box 731, Simcoe, ON N3Y 4T2
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.