Violence Against Older Women (VAOW) Resources and Tools
AWV Resources and Tools to Promote Learning & Discussion
Invisibility of Older Women Awareness Campaign
Word to the Wise Newsletters
Client & Service Provider Exercises & Tools
- Allows clients and service providers to track root causes, impacts, and supports related to trauma and vicarious trauma they have experienced
"It's Just the Toaster" Complex Trauma Animated Video
- This short animated video provides an overview of the term "complex trauma" and uses the metaphor of a toaster to illustrate possible neurobiological defense responses for women of all ages who have experienced violence.
"Ellen and Richard" A discussion Prompt Video
- This video depicts emotional abuse within an Audiology waitroom between an older woman and her partner. Discussion prompts suggest strategies for engagement and intervention.
AWV Partner Resources and Tools to Promote Learning & Discussion
Atira Women's Resource Society
Two videos co-produced in 2017 by METRAC, OAITH, and Elder Abuse Ontario
1. Safety Planning for Older Adults: Glenda's Story
2. Safety Planning for Older Adults: Mena's Story
Join the Aging Without Violence mailing list