PROJECT HOSTELO/A Yellow Brick House
POSITION: Manager Fund Development, FTE
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Manager, Fund Development is responsible for managing the overall fund development plan with the support of the fund development team, overall marketing and communications strategies, volunteer coordination program as well as the day-to-day administrative operations.
About Yellow Brick House
Right now, and every single day, there are families at Yellow Brick House rebuilding their lives.
Every woman’s story with Yellow Brick House begins with the courage to leave a dangerous—even deadly—home. They share stories of terror, despair, and tears. But the real story of Yellow Brick House is about empowering women and children to rebuild their lives and we give a voice to the untold stories of violence in our community, raising awareness about the need for change, and moving our community forward to end violence against women and kids.
Every day, we are operating at capacity. And, while heartbreaking, we cannot accommodate hundreds of families every year.
24/7 women and children benefit from a number of supportive services which include a Crisis support Line to support women in immediate danger, 2 emergency shelters for women and their children, Reta’s Place, second stage Transitional Housing where women leaving our shelters can transition into affordable housing, as well as a number of community counselling and supportive programs to help transition women and children into their new lives.
- Manages Fund Development team functions ensuring consistent implementation of policies, procedures and legislation, as well as developing new or revised policies that align with the organization
- Develops and implements the organization’s fund development plan which consist of fundraising, fund development, marketing and communications strategies,
- Manages and oversees the production of promotional material, publications, newsletters and educational materials for the organization ensuring accurate and timely delivery of publications
- Manages the production of the Annual Report and ensures the provision of information and materials
- Manages and monitors all fund development activities and develops, recommends and implements fund development policies and procedures that align with the organization’s goals and objectives
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates all aspects of fund development including, but not limited to direct mail, telemarketing, awards, third party events, foundation requests, government requests, special events, major gifts, sponsorships, bequests and other fund development initiatives
- Researches funding sources to support the organization’s goals and objectives, identifies new funders, educates/engages potential donors and tracks donor solicitations/relationships
- Manages administrative functions related to fund development including the development and maintenance of the revenue source database, volunteer/donor profiles, mailing lists, records and statistics, as well as ensures adherence to ethical and legal requirements
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise, awareness of fund development trends and requirements, and contacts within York Region
- Manages the organization’s website and other social media, ensuring up-to-date/accurate information relating to the organization, as well as ensures the website is effective for fund development initiatives
- Develops, recommends and provides leadership for capital campaigns
- Develops, recommends and implements donor recognition programs in order to increase donor loyalty and contribution
- Prepares special project/government funding applications
- Manages, coordinates, plans, monitors and evaluates all aspects of events including sponsorship, promotion, logistics and event volunteers
- Represents the organization at community events and public speaking engagements making presentations on various communication topics to internal and external stakeholders
- Liaises with and provides staff support to the Community Awareness Committee of the board and board members
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new fund developments including legislative/ethical practices pertaining to fundraising and requirements of the funders (United Way, Trillium, etc)
- Manages the corporate giving program and major gifts donors
- Develops a comprehensive marketing and communication plan
- Reads, understands and adheres to policies and procedures of PROJECT HOSTEL O/A Yellow Brick House
- Engages fully and openly in supervision; keeping the Executive Director fully informed at all times
- Participates in management meetings
- Ensures that staff training is provided as required
- Works within a management team environment; provides support and information to members of the team
- Maintains a positive approach and a professional manner at all times
- Fosters and maintains an anti-oppressive, anti-racist environment
- Performs any other duties as required
- Post Secondary degree (i.e. Business Administration, Marketing, Communications) and a minimum of five years management related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sound knowledge of abuse/violence against women and children especially in relation to current and developing practices, needs and legislations
- Experience in non-profit organizations
- In-depth knowledge of fund development, marketing, public/education relations, resource development and communications programs and strategies
- Solid management, team-building, cooperation, interpersonal, multi-tasking and motivational skills. Ability to work independently
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) and public speaking experience
- Proficiency on MS Office – Work, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
Apply by cover letter and resume to:
Closing Date: February 1, 2018
Yellow Brick House would like to thank all applicants for their interests; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.