Position Title: Project Coordinator-Ending Violence Against Older Women
Program: Training & Resource
The Ontario Association of Interval & Transition Houses (OAITH) is seeking a highly skilled and dynamic individual to coordinate OAITH’s Project on Ending Gender-Based Violence Against Older Women. This position is responsible for the overall coordination and development of training and resources with a specific focus on ending violence against older women.
Development, Delivery and Evaluation
- Develop and deliver curriculum, resources and tools, relating to gender-based violence against older women and related topics to enhance skills and capacity of VAW and other sector providers across Ontario
- Update and maintain resources available to learners
- Develop and oversee creation of marketing materials focused on gender-based violence towards older women
- Oversee and coordinate large annual training events, forums and regional consultations, in collaboration with staff, members and stakeholders
- Create and implement effective evaluation processes to aid in making recommendations, improvements and identifying training and learning gaps and opportunities
- Identify and build relationships with larger system stakeholders who have a vested interest in issues relating to older women
- Gather and disseminate information, resources and tools to support cross-sectoral support and advocacy
- Identify opportunities for cross-fertilization of training resources and tools, amongst system partners utilizing OAITH’s website, digital library, regional planning tables, training events and OAITH’s Online Training Hub
- Sound knowledge and understanding of existing violence against women programs and services, particularly as they relate to older women across different communities
Program Administration & Planning
- Liaise with content experts, project partners, members and staff as required to ensure program deliverables are effectively met based on required timelines
- Effectively establish, coordinate and support the work of a provincial project advisory
- Complete reports, data collection and analysis associated with this special training project, as required by OAITH and other external bodies
Qualifications and Skills Required
- University level education, combined with 5-10 years’ experience in the violence against women sector/related field.
- Demonstrated understanding of; gender-based violence against older women, intersectional feminism, anti-racism/anti-oppression, health equity, human rights, trauma and violence informed approaches
- Advanced understanding and application of relationship building and political acuity
- Demonstrated experience working directly with older women who’ve experienced violence
- Demonstrated skills in curriculum development and delivery; online and in-person
- Advanced presentation skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of adult education techniques/transformative strategies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training in a variety of formats including but not limited too; in-person sessions, webinars, video conferencing, online courses and modules.
- Demonstrated experience to work independently and in a team, both in-person and through online formats
- Knowledge, experience and efficient when working with evaluation and demographic data in excel formats
- Self-starter with a commitment to ongoing and self-motivated learning in a fast paced and changing environment driven by technology and innovation
- This position requires the incumbent to work in a virtual environment utilizing your own home-based office
- Transportation to the GTA is required on a bi-weekly to monthly basis for in-person meetings and related events. A drivers license and access to a vehicle is required for travel across Ontario
- Criminal Records Check
This is a contract position starting January 8th 2018 ending March 31st 2021 working 30 hours per week, conditional upon a successful probationary period.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known at time of application. We welcome applications from those with the required experience and qualifications, reflecting the diversity of our various communities
Technical testing to determine level of knowledge and application of our technology may be required at the interview.
Monday December 18th, 2017. To apply please send an email to email@example.com with ‘Project Coordinator’ in the subject line, including your cover letter and resume. Please note that interviews will be held between December 20th and 22nd, 2017. No late applications will be accepted. Please no phone calls or emails. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.