View PDF Flyer
Central Region Sexual Violence Conference
Thursday May 11th, 2017
On Thursday May 11th, join Peel Committee Against Woman Abuse (PCAWA) and other planning Domestic Violence Coordinating Committees (DV3Cs), are hosting the Central Region Sexual Violence Conference. Keynote and panel speakers from diverse organizations and experiences across the province, will share knowledge about why we need to establish a community of practice in response to sexual violence. Keynote and panel speakers are:
- Dr. Lori Haskell, The 'Neuroscience of Trauma'
- Marianne Park, Women living with disAbilities' experiences of sexual violence
- Dr. Melanie Randall, Legal system and state accountability for responding to sexual violence in women's lives
- Nevada Shephard, A journey through the eyes of a transgendered woman
- Krittika Ghosh, Newcomers' experiences of sexual violence
- Glen Canning, Teen cyberbullying and sexual violence
- Julie Lalonde, Youth, sexual violence, and sexting
- Jade Huguenin, Gwayakwaajimowin: Truth Telling. Ontario Federation of Indigenous Friendship Centres Research on Police Responses to Sexual Violence in Urban Indigenous Communities
Register now at https://interimplace.akaraisin.com/common/Event/AboutUs.aspx?seid=14042&mid=58 Hurry before tickets are all gone!